Hello again!
I'm feeling pretty swamped this term {although I did just have an amazing weekend at the beach with some ladies from my church!}, so I'm sort of trying to give some Brazil updates in the most time-effecient means possible.
A few weeks after we returned to the States, our group was asked to share some of our experiences with out home church {which also provided a lot of our support}. We were given a list of questions to answer to help us reflect and we were each asked to share the answers to one of our questions with the church {I will post more of the questions later}.
Luckily for those of you who could not be there, our church video tapes the sermons! I would really love to post the entire video, but unfortunately it would be way too big to upload to the internet {I do have it on DVD if anyone would like to borrow it/watch it with us}. In order to help remedy the problem of the large file size, my pastor made a smaller file that consists of some intro stuff as well as Josh and I speaking.
It was a whole new challenge to speak in front of such a large audience. Once I gained the confidence to look up into the audience, the stillness and serious, concerned faces that seemed to be glued to my little self were so encouraging. Seriously, it made me love my church even more. {You guys are great!} It didn't hurt that I swear I wasn't the one doing the speaking. I was so nervous. I knew I just needed to pray and let God take over - and of course He came through. Also, to this day I keep the notes I used tucked inside my Bible - every time the sheet of paper pokes out I remember the strength God gave me to share a challenging part of my story in front of a packed church auditorium. Josh is just a rock - didn't seem to have many difficulties at all [you'll have to ask him if you want more details].
After all that, I hope you enjoy our brief stories:
No comments:
Post a Comment